It’s been about 10 years since I last visited my friend Derek Maanum’s cabin and my return has been long overdue. Mille Lacs is the second-largest lake in Minnesota, located about two hours north of Minneapolis, and it is known for great fishing and boating. We had temps in the 90’s and relatively calm water so I think I was in the water for most of the long weekend. We did spend a considerable amount of time playing Angry Birds (which is NOT a water-compatible game) so perhaps that’s an exaggeration. In any case, I am sore and sunburnt as I write this–two sure-fire indicators of a weekend well spent.
Caption info is at the end of the post.
- Late-night cribbage game (Derek as “Binoculon”)
- A young fisherman doesn’t mind a wet seat
- Ben shows off his new haircut (which he would insist I mention that he only kept for 10 min)
- A “float” on the mini-parade that went by our cabin
- Fireworks from across the way